Monday, January 30, 2012

No More Waffle Day

These guys seem awful happy.  Maybe TOO happy.
I have mentioned before, that one of Boo's favorite teachers is Mr. H.

He does lots of fun things that Boo talks about.

I forget the specifics, but two days a week he has "Would you rather...?" questions that he asks the class.  The one I most remember is "Would you rather be the strongest person in the world, or the fastest person in the world?"

One day a week he does riddles.  None of the riddles have come home 'in tact' enough for me to understand and repeat them.  I have been assured, though, that every single one of them awesome.

I think that Friday is 'Fail' day.  You know, those Epic Fail pictures that show up on Facebook all the time?

So, we were in the car the other day and Boo was talking about how great Mr. H. is.  Then he mentioned that it is too bad that Mr. H. isn't allowed to do Waffle Day any more.

"What's Waffle Day?" I ask, somewhat stupidly.

"You know, when you plug in a waffle iron and make waffles."

"He's not allowed to do Waffle Day anymore?"

"No, and it's stupid.  I can't imagine why they won't let him do it anymore.  It's not fair."

"Boo, could it be because Mr. H. teaches Anatomy and Physiology, and his classroom is more like a lab?  Perhaps someone thought that preparing and eating food in there was a bad idea."

"But I am sure the lab tables are clean!"

Ewww.

First of all, let me just point out that Boo does not always get his facts straight, so I am not sure there ever really was a Waffle Day, or if it was just an idea that was floating around, or perhaps sarcasm that was lost on the kid.

If there was, indeed, Waffle Day, I don't know if Boo's lack of concern about the setting was a product of autism, or simply because he is a guy.

All I know is this...

Waffle Day: good!

Waffle Day in an Anatomy and Physiology lab: yea, not so much.

No comments:

Post a Comment