Friday, December 30, 2011

Don't Pet the Goldfish

Swim for your life, Dude!  That kid is here again!

Years ago, when our boys were about 6 years old, I was talking to my friend on the phone.  She was pretty irritated, telling me about her son's friend who had been at the house.  She walked into her son's room and saw the friend with his hand in the goldfish bowl. 

She said, "What are you doing?!?!"

He said, rather calmly, "I'm petting the goldfish."

She yelled at him that it wasn't a very nice thing to do to the fish, and his response?

"You never told me not to pet the goldfish."

Really, kid?  Do you NEED to be told not to pet the goldfish?

Since then, the phrase 'Don't pet the goldfish' has become a bit of a mantra for us. 

So, as we are about to go forth into a new year, my advice to you is to never be the kind of person who actually has to be told not to pet the goldfish.

No comments:

Post a Comment