Tuesday, December 13, 2011

Christmas "Loves"? Not So Much...

Wrong.  Just wrong.
So, I covered many of the things I love about Christmas.  Now it is time to present a few things I could live without.

Here are some very bad Christmas songs...  
  • Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. 
  • Dominick the Donkey. (Possibly one of the worst songs EVER.) 
  • Jingle Bells, when barked by dogs. 
  • The Chipmonk Song (Christmas Don't Be Late) 
  • I Want a Hippopotamus for Christmas (I just noticed an 'animal' theme in my list.)
Trust me.  It takes a lot for me to really hate a Christmas song.  Even after this rendition by Peter from Family Guy, I still love Carol of the Bells.

Not a fan of random items with Santa on them...
  • such as the toilet above.  I wonder how Santa feels about that.  If I was Santa, I would be pissed.  (tee hee hee...)
  • underwear that is meant to be 'naughty'.  'Funny undies' I am fine with, but let's not go X-rated with St. Nick, ok?
I strongly dislike having to shop anywhere for anything, even the grocery store.

And what do I hate the most? (cue drum roll)

Two words: turkey carcass.

7 comments:

  1. I could have written this blog! And the one about your Christmas loves! Everything is better with a little cinnamon, clove, and nutmeg! For a peppermint fix, try the Hershey's Kisses mint truffle flavor. They are my favorite, and you can only get them this time of year. And Christmas Vacation is tied with Emmett Otter's Jugband Christmas as my favorite holiday movie/special.

    That donkey song makes my ears bleed. I swear, the military could use it in place of water boarding and get better results! I hate the Chipmunk song, too...even when I was a kid, I couldn't stand it. And I know you saw my picture of the Santa toilet lid cover and mat :).

    Oh Christmas...it brings out the best and the worst!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your Santa toilet seat cover picture (that you took at the store, and I assume you didn't buy!) was somewhat inspirational.

    I did forget to mention how much I love pumpkin, though. Ghirardelli pumpkin caramels are another seasonal favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooohhh!!! I love pumpkin, too! Had that Haagen Dazs pumpking spice ice cream tonight! I have never had or even heard of pumpkin caramels, though...I will have to seek those out!

    ReplyDelete
  4. And no...I DID NOT buy the Santa toilet seat cover!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Tonight I found pumpkin bagels and pumpkin cream cheese. And I got Pumpkin spice Country Crock the other day, too!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Is your kid too old for you to hate winter break?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Very funny, Lynn! I hate to tell you this, but it can still be a bit of a struggle. It is much better than it used to be, though. He has gotten to where the disruption of his routine isn't as devastating, but he gets bored. He doesn't really have a lot of friends to do things with, so that is kind of a bummer. At least I don't get stuck watching Disney or Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles these days, so that's a bonus!

    ReplyDelete