Friday, November 25, 2011

Men are just different...in SO many ways.

I have always known that men and women are different.  Not just the whole 'sit versus stand' thing.  There is also the love for shot glasses and the Three Stooges.  I once saw a set of Three Stooges shot glasses.   I am pretty sure a man designed them.

But I digress...

We have company for Thanksgiving.  Family, but still guests in our home.

It's not like I am terribly domesticated.  In fact, I am pretty much the opposite of that.  Still, I like for my guests to fill at home.  My priorities earlier in the week included the following:
  • Clean the guest room.  Really clean it, because of allergies.
  • Buy new pillows.  The old ones are going flat, and who wants their guests to have flat pillows?
  • Change the sheets on the beds.  No one had slept in them since the last time they were changed, but I still like them to be fresh.
  • Clean the house and do laundry, because we all want to give other people the impression that we live a spotless life.
  • Get the menu planned and shopping done, especially since the whole Thanksgiving holiday kind of centers around food.
My husband's list of things that HE thought needed to be done included:
  • Get the cats their annual vaccines.  Rabies and distemper.  Seriously.  They are indoor cats.  Were they really going to get rabies over the holiday weekend?
  • Oh, and get his tires replaced.  Who gets their tires replaced unless one of them is flat?  Ok, ok, I know that you aren't supposed to wait that  long, but were they going to die over the next week?
 Anyway, our guests arrived safely, the house looks cleaner than it has since the last time we had company, the cats are vaccinated, and he has new tires.

Oh, and I refrained from yelling about the cats and the tires.  That's something we can probably all be thankful for.

2 comments:

  1. SO, the shot glasses and Stooges thing is not just my husband?? I feel so much better now!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, honey, it is not just your husband :)

    ReplyDelete