Sunday, November 20, 2011

In the beginning...

I have been told (by people who should know better!) that I should write a blog.  I guess some folks find my ramblings amusing.  Probably in the same perverse way that we all crack up when we see someone slip and fall on their butt in a mud puddle. Sometimes it is a relief to see that while we may have our own problems, at least we aren't the one sitting in mud.  This time.

The first person to suggest that I write was my best friend from high school.  After listening to a very long story I was telling that started with the sentence "It was, by far, the strangest funeral I have ever been to," she suggested that I start writing my memoirs, and that should be the title.  That gives you an idea how long ago it was.  'Blog' wasn't even a word yet!

Since then, I have fallen in love with a couple of blogs.  I will introduce you to them later.  But they have often allowed me to laugh on days where my knee-jerk reaction might have been to cry.  I have come to realize that many of the fears I have are not so uncommon.  And, in some ways, I have felt a little less alone.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! So glad to see you out here "Lily"! Hee hee. You know I go for long blog titles so I would have gone with "It Was By Far The Strangest Funeral I Have Ever Been To". I wish you all the best with your new endeavor, and look forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have decided to tell the story in a future post. "Laughter through tears is my favorite emotion!"

    ReplyDelete